Understanding Liposuction Cost
Dr. David Passaretti takes measures to keep down liposuction cost at our convenient Darien, CT, plastic surgery practice. Undergoing treatment at our operating facility, for example, avoids costly hospital fees. We work to make this popular, relatively simple treatment as affordable as possible so that our patients can enjoy its many benefits. Since we customize each patient’s liposuction treatment according to his or her particular needs and preferences, the price of this procedure varies. Dr. Passaretti and our team will explain the many aspects that influence the expense of liposuction so you can understand your potential price before undergoing treatment. To find out more about liposuction cost or your candidacy for this plastic surgery, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Passaretti.
A Closer Look at the Procedure
To begin liposuction treatment, Dr. Passaretti will numb the treatment site. Next, he will create tiny incisions and insert a small tube called a cannula, which he will use to fragment excess fat deposits so they can be aspirated. He may also use ultrasonic energy to enhance this process and better dissolve fat cells. If you opt for tumescent liposuction, Dr. Passaretti may begin your procedure by injecting a special solution of saline, epinephrine (a medication to limit bleeding), and local anesthesia, allowing him to more safely and effectively remove fat. Once he has contoured your tissue, Dr. Passaretti will close your incisions.
Investing in Your Confidence
Liposuction is a minimally invasive technique that can be used to eliminate excess fat in many areas of the body, so most patients can benefit from it. You may be a good candidate for liposuction if you:
- Are within at least 30 percent of your goal weight (this procedure cannot replace healthy diet and exercise)
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are not breastfeeding or pregnant
- Do not smoke
- Are in good general health, without any conditions that could interfere with your ability to undergo anesthesia and sedation or heal from surgery
- Have sufficient skin elasticity to recover from liposuction without experiencing sagging
At your initial consultation, Dr. Passaretti will complete an examination, go over your medical records, and discuss your concerns with you to determine if you qualify for liposuction. He will also use this information to help create a cost estimate for your procedure.
Liposuction Cost Factors
Each patient’s liposuction treatment is slightly different. Common cost factors for this procedure include:
- Any specialized approaches Dr. Passaretti uses. Tumescent or ultrasonic liposuction may be more expensive than the traditional treatment.
- The number and size of the regions you wish to sculpt. Liposuction can be used in many areas of the body. Obviously, the larger the treatment area, the more complex your procedure will be, raising its cost.
- The expense of post-surgical materials, such as medications and compression garments to be worn during your recovery.
Your liposuction may also be more costly if you undergo this procedure as part of another combined treatment. For example, Dr. Passaretti often uses liposuction during abdominoplasty.
Learn More During a Consultation
Liposuction can help you enjoy a more svelte, attractive figure. Contact us today to learn more about liposuction cost or schedule a consultation.