Rejuvenate Your Best Features with a
Dual Plane Plication Face Lift
The harmful effects of time, stress, and the elements take their toll on our faces as we age. The formation of wrinkles, jowls, and fat deposits make us appear older than we feel. The Dual Plane Plication Face Lift or DP Lift, designed and performed by Dr. Passaretti, provides the benefits of facelifts without the risk and lengthy recovery. This specialized technique is safer with a shorter anesthesia time, provides a fast recovery, is virtually pain free, and always leaves a natural refreshed look. Performed in our Darien, CT, private surgical suite, it removes excess skin and tightens underlying tissue, taking years off your appearance. If you would like to learn more about how a DP lift can benefit you, please contact our office to make an appointment with Dr. David Passaretti.
The Dual Plane Plication Lift The Facelift Redefined
The true power of a facelift comes from pulling not on the skin, but the underlying muscle known as the SMAS or deep plane. This muscle layer extends from the cheeks across the jawline and into the neck, joining to the other side under the chin. By gently elevating the skin, Dr Passaretti gains access to this deep plane and repositions it with three independent suture lines. One under the chin and one across each cheek. Utilizing an advanced barbed suture plication, he minimizes tissue disruption while providing a firm, smooth base of muscle (like a corset running from one cheek under your jaw and up to the other cheek) over which the skin is gently redraped. The skin and muscle planes are moved independently in different directions, or vectors, in different areas of your face. This flexibility with five independent directions of movement creates dramatic yet dynamic and natural results. Compared to other facelift techniques the DP Lift is:
Safer & Faster
- Virtually eliminates any risk to the nerves of the face
- Minimal anesthesia for improved safety
- Same day surgery in our private surgical suite
- Recover comfortably in your home, virtually pain free
- Minimally invasive and gentle technique means no drain
- Less swelling and bruising - back in public in ten to fourteen days
Natural Long Lasting Results
- More natural results with five independent vectors of force
- Avoid that unnatural pulled looked (you know it when you see it) from the unnatural pull created by other techniques. The skin and muscle (dual planes) are moved in different directions in different areas to achieve the most artistic and natural results. This flexibility provides endless possibilities for customization and artistry.
- Utilizes advanced barbed suture technology for a quicker recovery and smoother more natural results
- Every DP Lift is uniquely designed to match your specific face
- No more one size fits all, look-a-like facelifts. Stay yourself.
- Always corrects the neck, one of patient's biggest "problem areas". Addressing the neck creates an extra vector of pull that improves the jawline and provides a more natural, longer lasting result. It is like a corset for your face, connecting the left and right muscle under the chin for stability and smoothness
- Liposuction is performed across the entire jawline to sculpt and define the face
- Utilizes the power the SMAS or deep plane layer without long surgical times and prolonged swelling and recovery
For the ultimate in natural facial rejuvenation combine your DP Lift with a Full Face Joule Laser Resurfacing.
Your Initial Consultation
During your first visit with Dr. Passaretti at our Fairfield County office, he will perform a thorough examination and discuss your health history and goals to determine if a face lift is appropriate for you. If you are a good candidate, he will design a customized treatment plan that will include the type of face lift, the location and method of closure for the incisions, and any other procedures to combine with your treatment for a more dramatic enhancement. He will also give you different anesthesia options and explain pre- and post-operative instructions so that you know exactly what to expect. Dr. Passaretti performs these procedures in his private, state-of-the-art surgical facility, giving his patients a world class experience right here in Darien.
Our Patient Discusses Her Face Lift
Types of Face Lifts
Depending on your concerns and which areas of the face you would like to address, there are a number of different types of face lifts available:
- Full Face Lift - This type of face lift can address multiple problem areas, from deep lines around the eyes to excess fat under the chin. During a full face lift Dr. Passaretti will typically combine a Dual Plane Plication Lift with other procedures such as eye lifts, brow lifts, and lasers. The exact treatment plan will be customized to your individual face and desires.
- Mid Face Lift - This procedure targets the middle area of the face around the eyes and cheeks. The incisions will be placed in the same area as a full face lift, but they will typically access deeper tissue so Dr. Passaretti can perform more comprehensive alterations. Patients will often combine this type of face lift with fat grafting or facial implants to create more volume and contouring.
- Mini Face Lift - This treatment option targets the areas around the lower cheeks, jaw, and neckline. Often referred to as a "weekend face lift," this type of lift involves smaller incisions and a reduced recovery time. These discreet incisions are typically located behind the ear, and allow Dr. Passaretti to tighten up tissue and remove excess fat with liposuction. A mini is the least invasive type of face lift available.
- Neck Lift - For many patients their neck is their biggest concern. Although there are procedures that treat the neck independently, they lead to an unnatural, forced look. The muscle that must be re-suspended, the SMAS or platysma, runs from the neck all the way up to the cheek bone. Treating only the lower half of the muscle forces it into non anatomic position. For the most youthful result Dr. Passaretti recommends a Dual Plane Plication Lift to naturally restore the appearance of your neck and jawline.
Each type of face lift follows similar steps during surgery. After you are fully sedated to ensure your comfort, Dr. Passaretti will create your incisions, gently elevate the skin, tighten the underlying tissue, and remove any excess. Liposuction may be performed to target deposits of fat. Lastly, your incisions will be closed with sutures or surgical tape. You will attend follow-up appointments so Dr. Passaretti can check your healing is progressing free of complications. Once residual swelling and bruising have resolved, the cosmetic effects of your procedure will become fully evident.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you would like to learn more about whether a face lift is right for you, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Passaretti at his Darien office.