Lip Augmentation for a Sexier Smile
Lip augmentation can help you achieve full, voluptuous lips. Some lip augmentation patients prefer injectable treatments, while others are attracted to the permanent results offered by lip implants. Fortunately, Dr. David Passaretti offers both surgical and non-surgical lip augmentation treatments at his Darien, CT, practice to give you plumper, fuller lips. To learn more about lip augmentation, contact our cosmetic surgery practice today.
Our Lip Augmentation Treatment Options
Lip augmentation involves using injectable fillers or implants to increase the size of the lips and enhance the look of the entire face. Patients who visit our practice can choose among multiple lip augmentation treatment options:
- Fat injections: Dr. Passaretti will collect a small amount of fat from another area of your body, like the abdomen or thighs, and then purify the fat cells before injecting them into your lips.
- Collagen injections: Collagen is a natural connective tissue that can be injected to add volume and fullness to the lips. The results of this treatment usually last between three to six months.
- Restylane®: This treatment is a type of dermal filler containing hyaluronic acid, a compound naturally produced by the body. Restylane® injections can create plump, firm, and reshaped lips, with results lasting for roughly six months.
- Perlane®: This type of dermal filler is also hyaluronic acid-based, but its particles are larger, so it can add more significant volume to your lips. The results of Perlane® injections usually last about six months.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus: JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus is a thick hyaluronic dermal filler designed to deliver significant volume to your lips. The filler contains a small amount of anesthetic, which reduces pain during injections. The effects of treatment with JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus can last up to one year.
- Lip Implants: Unlike injectable treatments, lip implants provide permanent results. During this procedure, Dr. Passaretti will make small incisions in each lip, which will accommodate the implants.
To determine the type of lip augmentation that is right for you, we can review your unique characteristics and goals during a personal consultation.
Am I a Candidate for Lip Augmentation?
In order to qualify for lip augmentation, patients should be over the age of 18, in good overall health, and seeking to improve the shape, size, or volume of their lips. Patients will need to be over the age of 21 to qualify for certain injectable treatments. Lip augmentation candidates should not smoke or use tobacco, since it can negatively affect the healing process. Additionally, collagen injections and implants can cause an allergic reaction in some patients, so Dr. Passaretti will need to review your medical history and ensure you will not react adversely if you are seeking one of these treatments.
Schedule a Personal Consultation Today
If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your lips, Dr. Passaretti can use lip augmentation to enhance your lips for a more attractive look. When you visit our practice, we will custom-tailor treatment according to your unique needs and goals. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Passaretti.
"Thank you for making me look like a work of art! I sincerely appreciate everything that you’ve done for me."-Plastic Surgery Patient